Our new Math Unit covers adding and subtracting up to 20. We will practise different basic math problems using counters, number lines and hundreds charts. We will also be applying our knowledge by solving word problems. Students are encouraged to memorize some basic addition and subtraction facts to make this work easier to achieve. Students need to be able to both understand the concepts of adding and subtracting, as well as solve simple equations quickly by using their memory.
You should have received the summer school information on Wednesday in your child’s Homework folder. The kids had a lot of questions about the program! Here are some quick facts: - Runs July 3-26, mornings only - At Thorncliffe - Fully optional - only sign up if you are interested! But if you do sign up, students must attend daily (unless sick, of course) - Focus on Math through the Arts - A good way to maintain skills and knowledge over the summer - Free! - Taught by TDSB teachers (maybe me!) from Thorncliffe and other schools Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to answer them for you. If you’d like to apply, I can copy your child’s report card for you. Megan Page
Hi I'm Aalia,
ReplyDeleteI know the math problems and understand them but I don't like using ICE because it's long and a little hard for me.
i like ice
ReplyDelete